4-H YQCA Deadline
Today is the deadline for YQCA certification.
Page 3 of the Dec/Jan 4-H Newsletter discussed the current plan for certification in Youth for the Quality Care of Animals (YQCA). We will continue to monitor the health environment and notify everyone if any in-person trainings will be scheduled within Meadowlark District. Online training is now open! Log in at: https://yqca.learngrow.io and choose to use the 4HOnline Sign In Option, se-lecting “Kansas 4-H Youth Development” and using your family 4HOnline log in email and pass-word. Online Courses will cost $12, which should be paid for electronically with a credit/debit card online. To fulfill training, youth will complete all the online modules.
Here’s the refresher on the main points of YQCA.
- National multi-species quality assurance program for youth ages 8 to 21 (age Jan 1, 2021) Please NOTE that 7 year olds are not able to be certified through this system and will be exempted of this requirement locally.
- Meadowlark District youth must complete this process ANNUALLY before July 1
- Focus on three core pillars: food safety, animal well-being, and character development
- For youth showing: Beef, Dairy (Cattle & Goats), Meat Goats, Market Rabbits & Market Poultry, Sheep and Swine.
- Part of the Premium Sale Requirement form
Please see newsletter for more information.
Friday, July 1