Finances and the Farm: 2021 FSA Credit: An online class to enhance your farm management skills
This hands-on and self-paced course is designed to fulfill Farm Service Agency (FSA) borrower’s financial requirements. There are six lessons: Recordkeeping, Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Cash Flow, Goal Setting and Managing Family Living Expenses. The course includes 3.5 hours of material across 21 different videos and 2 hours of bonus content.
• Understand the structure of a balance sheet, income statement and cash flow
• Choose either Cattle/Crops or CSA/Farmers Market case farm to complete hands-on financial activities
• Be prepared to use financial management techniques for your own operation
• Set goals for your operation
• Learn how to make changes to avoid financial difficulties
The course also provides you access to bonus content which includes:
• Cost of Production
• Grain Marketing
• Family Communication
• Managing Farm Stress
This course is approved for FSA borrower’s training financial credit. Coursework will be graded, and a certificate will be provided upon successful completion of the final exam.
Course taught by Robin Reid, K-State Extension Farm Economist, and LaVell Winsor, K-State Farm Analyst.
Monday, October 11